About The Author:
Tom Resciniti Demont,
AHC, CAI, CFDI, CFL, CMIL, CML, BS
Tom is a fifty year veteran of the Locksmithing and Security Profession, starting his career in his father's shop in Pittsburgh, PA. After serving ten years in the Navy as a Locksmith and Physical Security Specialist he founded five companies.
Tom has developed and teaches many certified courses and has published numerous articles in trade publications. Tom currently serves on the ASF (ALOA Scholarship Foundation) board of directors and is the Northeast Region Director on the ALOA board. Tom insisted on donating the first 1,000 copies of "How to Run a Successful Service Company - Made Easy" to ASF to help raise funds for scholarships.
- Certified and Registered Architectural Hardware
- Consultant (AHC) with the Door and Hardware Institute.
- Certified ACE Instructor (CAl) with the Associated Locksmiths of America.
- Certified Fire Door Inspector (CFDI) with ALOA and IFDIA, International Fire Door Inspector Association.
- Certified Forensic Locksmith (CFL) with International Association of Investigative Locksmiths.
- Certified Master Institutional Locksmith (CMIL) with the Institutional Locksmiths' Association.
- Certified Master Locksmith (CML) with the Associated Locksmiths of America.
- 50+ years in the security field with articles
- Doors and Hardware
- Locksmith Ledger
- The National Locksmith
- Corrections Today
- Corrections Forum
- American School and Hospital Maintenance
- The Specifier, Keynotes
- Security Management
- Bachelors of Science from the University of Maryland in Labor Negotiation
- Certificate in Women's Studies and numerous advanced technical schools pertaining to locks, hardware and physical security.
- Door and Hardware Institute Fire Door Assembly course
- International Fire Door Inspector Association - Fire Door Inspector course
- ALOA - Fire Door Inspector course.
- 10 Years in the U.S. Navy as a Physical Security
- Specialist and Locksmith. Clearance Level Held "Top Secret".
- Highest rating earned CWO.
- 7 years Demont Lock & Key, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2 years Able Locksmiths Arlington, VA
- 1 year Virginia Safe & Lock Service, Inc. Fairfax, VA
- 9.5 years U.S. Navy
- 5 years A-i Lock & Safe Service, Inc., San Diego, CA
- 10 years A-i Lock & Safe Service, Inc., Alexandria, VA
- 5 years Technical Services, Inc. of VA, Centreville, VA
- 5 years Technical Services, Inc., McMurray, PA
Certified Courses Developed and Taught
- Advanced Shop Management
- ASSA C4 Access Control
- ASSA High Security Locks
- Defense Against Methods of Entry
- Electric Locking Systems
- Electrified Door Hardware Specifications
- Fire Door Assembly Inspection
- First Line of Defense, Your Key System
- Life Safety Codes with ADA
- Master Key Layout and Design
- Fire Door Inspection
- Fire Door Assemblies
- Locks and related hardware
- Safes & Vaults
- Building Code Violations in the means of egress
- American Jail Association
- American Society for Industrial Security
- Associated Locksmiths of America
- Construction Specification Institute
- Door and Hardware Institute
- Institutional Locksmiths of America
- International Congress of Code and Building Officials
- International Association Investigative Locksmiths
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Chiefs of Police
- Security Hardware Distributors Association
- Safe & Vault Technology Association
- World Lock and Security Association
- Life Safety Codes with ADA
- A Taste of Roscigno e Campania 2006
- Running a Successful Service Company -Made Easy 2010
As President of Technical Services, Inc., located in McMurray, PA, Tom provides consulting to shop owners around the globe helping them to achieve their goals with strategic and creative solutions.